Thursday, March 5, 2009

Josh and I found a new apartment (well, townhome)!! We are moving in April to Devonshire. I'm pretty excited, especially since they are located right behind walmart so if I'm feeling like ice cream at 3 in the morning it won't really be an inconvenience to go get some.

Nothing else is really new with the Dearing Family. My sister Kim came up to logan for the first time since Josh and I have been married to hang out and see the apartment. We went to happy sushi which always always makes me happy with its sushi... also I'm still reading the times and I came across an article that made agree with it out loud like 5 times when I was reading it. If anyone agrees that the spirit of the American market is about to be destroyed you should read it. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/05/opinion/05Cohen.html?em The title of the article is "ONE FRANCE IS ENOUGH" Could the message be a little clearer??? :) I didn't agree with the whole thing, but you know what they say, if two people agree on everything thene there is no need for one of them. Anyway, this is my favorite part:
"Churn is the American way. Companies are born, rise, fall and die. Others come along to replace them. The country’s remarkable capacity for innovation, for reinvention, is tied to its acceptance of failure. Or always has been. Without failure, the culture of risk fades. Without risk, creativity withers. Save the zombies and you sabotage the vital."
While I'm venting...you know what else really really bothers me. People who are from different states or countries who bash where you live or talk up where they're from when they DON"T LIVE THERE ANYMORE!! I just keep thinking if your 'home land' is so fantastical then why are you living here? It just doesn't make sense and it annoys me to no end. I wish more people would only open their mouths when they had something interesting or productive to say. I don't care about what actor is from Canada (who currently resides in L.A.) or that the south is amazing because so many good basketball players grew up there. Give it a rest already. I have also been wondering whatever happened to the philosophy that one should pray in private. Unless someone asks you should assume no one wants to hear about your mission preparations or the fact that watching sports on a sunday is breaking the Sabbath. please. If you have to advertise your celestial status I'm pretty sure that in all actuality its not worth nearly as much as you think.

I guess thats enough moaning for one day. I think I'm just in a whiny mood since I'm hungry at work and the stupid vending machine ate my quarters when I wanted doritos. I get pretty cranky when I'm hungry and the fact that I'm out 60 cents didn't exactly lift my spirits. oh well.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

The Machine ate your Doritos? I would have started kicking the machine and rocking it back and forth so that those damn doritos would have come out. That is how much I love those evil things!!!

We cant wait to see your new place. I know its going to be so cute because you guys have such great taste and you made that horribly small basement look fantastical!!

So I am glad that you could vent on your blog and I think that it is so wonderful that you read The Times and listen to talk radio!! I should do more of that and then maybe I would know what is going on in the world... because I for sure don't!!

Katy said...

haha I know!! I was so mad but there was a sticky not on the machine that said "Do not kick or shake" so I just sulked all night haha. You guys will have to come over as soon as we get everything put away..we can have dinner or something.

Jerrick and Amy said...

I miss you... and your wonderful powerful venting qualities. I want to see your place! I'm sure I will be super jealous!! Maybe next week some time?! We will see :) LOVE YOU!